Heading out on the water?
Before visiting the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area, make sure you’re familiar with the zoning rules. Non-compliance of zoning rules can have serious environmental impacts and can compromise the health of the Reef. Significant penalties will apply if you break the rules. Use a zoning map to help you with the rules and avoid a fine.
Where can I find zoning maps?
- access zoning maps on your smartphone or tablet by downloading the free Eye on the Reef app.
- pick up a copy of the free zoning maps at your local bait and tackle shops, boating suppliers, marinas, visitor information centres, Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service and Queensland Boating and Fisheries offices (available at most centres).
- contact the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and have a free zoning map sent straight to your door.
- zoning information is also available on some GPS units and chart plotters.
- further information on zoning can be found at our frequently asked questions.
Use the map below and click on the corresponding number for the zoning map you require in PDF format.
The above map may assist with the geographical locations of zoning. Click on the options below to download a copy of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Zoning Map you require in your area (available in PDF format).