Thank you for your interest in the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority, Australia's lead management agency for the Great Barrier Reef.
The below information will help to advise and assist you in preparing your application, and should be read in conjunction with: the position description, that includes details of the duties and the selection criteria that will be used to assess applicants claims, and the applicant details form.
Completing and lodging your application
- completed applicant details form
- A statement of claims against the selection criteria as this is an essential part of your application or as described in the Position Description. It should provide examples of your relevant skills, capabilities, experience and qualifications to demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria. Applications that fail to address the selection criteria will generally not be considered by the selection advisory committee
- A current résumé
- Please ensure you read the Position description carefully, as it will give specific details on who is eligible to apply, what your application must include and how to apply.
What you should do
- Check you are eligible for engagement. Refer to Eligibility for further information.
- If you have received a redundancy payment in the last 12 months from the Australian Public Service (APS) agency or a non-APS Commonwealth employer, make sure you are outside your redundancy payment period.
- Carefully read the position description and other documentation provided.
- Ring the contact officer if you have any enquiries including the particulars of the position, the proposed selection process, the work environment and any other questions you may have relating to the position.
- If you are new to the Australian Public Service check the Recruitment and Movement page on the APSC website.
- Read the Cracking the code page on the APSC website – this page contains tips and hints on applying for jobs in the APS.
What you shouldn't do
Don't forget to include all relevant documentation for the position including:
- Proof of any mandatory qualifications required for the position
- Proof of a security clearance if required for the position.
To be eligible for employment with the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority, an applicant must be an Australian citizen, at the time of applying for the vacancy. An applicant's suitability for employment with the authority will be assessed through a pre-employment screening process.
This process includes a requirement for the applicant to undergo and satisfy a police history check, referee checks, character clearance and where relevant a pre-employment medical assessment, specified mandatory qualification(s) validation and/or a period of 3 months' probation. An applicant must also be willing and eligible to undergo and maintain an Australian Government security clearance to the appropriate level if applied to the advertised position.
The closing time unless stated otherwise for all applications is 11.59pm AEST on the advertised closing date.
You need to ensure that your application is completed and submitted before the closing time.
Late applications will only be accepted at the discretion of the convener of the selection advisory committee – justifications for extensions would need to be provided.
We hope this information has been of assistance to you and wish you every success in your career. If you have any queries or need any assistance, please email us.