To protect the sensitive values and balance multiple uses at a localised level, site specific management is required. It is important to consider the rules for these sites when planning your visit.
The sites listed below have either a Site Plan, Site Management Arrangement or a Special Management Area.
Before accessing the site information below refer to the following information for the Management Area:
- Zoning Maps:
- Lizard Island to Innisfail map to find where moorings and no-anchoring areas are.
- Commercial fishers should read the Special Management Areas to ensure they are familiar with No Dories Detached Special Management Areas and One Dory Detached Special Management Areas (in addition to Zoning).
- For commercial vessels greater than 50 metres refer to your permit, the Cairns Area Plan of Management and the Zoning Plan.
In the Cairns Planning Area the following rules apply to all locations:
- Overview Map, detailed Sector Maps and Cairns Area Plan of Management.
- Anchoring is not allowed within 50 metres of mooring or 200 metres of a pontoon except for some sites as listed below.
- Motorised water sport can only occur outside of a location. The use of hovercraft is allowed at Lizard Island Locality 2 only. Personal watercraft can be used for transit within a Location.