Deeds of agreement

Most standard tourism and research permits do not require a deed of agreement.  Permits the contain a structure/facility or are classified as medium to high risk may require a two or three party deed of agreement. This deed binds the permit holder to certain obligations, such as:

  • Indemnifying the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority
  • Maintaining adequate insurance
  • Ensuring removal of structures and clean-up of the site of operations if directed
  • The payment of a bond for structures other than vessel moorings.
Contact the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority on 1800 990 177 or (07) 4750 0700 for more information.
  • Free Zoning Maps

    Zoning maps

    If you're heading out on the water, don't forget your free Zoning Map so you know where you can go and what you can do.

  • Important milestone

    40 years anniversary

    We're delighted to celebrate the 40 years of the managing the Great Barrier Reef.

  • Visit the Reef

    fish on reef

    Visit our Great Barrier Reef and discover its amazing animals, plants, and habitats.

  • What you can do

    purple coral

    Everyone has a role to play in protecting our Great Barrier Reef. Find out what you can do to help protect this great Australian icon.

  • Report marine strandings


    If you see sick, dead or stranded marine animals please call RSPCA QLD 1300 ANIMAL (1300 264 625)

  • Climate Change and the Great Barrier Reef

    Climate Change and the Great Barrier Reef vulnerability assessment cover image

    A Vulnerability Assessment: of the issues that could have far-reaching consequences for the Great Barrier Reef.