Have your say — Whitsundays Plan of Management
Our thoughts are with the communities affected by the devastating impacts of Tropical Cyclone Debbie.
Those who wish to comment on the proposed amendments to the Whitsundays Plan of Management but were unable to meet the closing date (5pm Friday 7 April 2017 (AEST)) for submissions are urged to email the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority as soon as possible to obtain an extension.
Approved requests will be granted an extension to 5pm 28 April 2017 (AEST). These requests can be made via email to email@example.com or by phoning (07) 4750 0700.
- Current Whitsundays Plan of Management
- Current Whitsundays Plan of Management Overview Map
- Current Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Regulations 1983
- Proposed amended Whitsundays Plan of Management (marked up)
- Proposed amended Whitsundays Plan of Management (marked up Word version)
- NOTE: The marked up version shows what the Plan will look like after all changes have commenced. Not all changes are proposed to commence at the same time.
- Amendment (Whitsundays Plan of Management) Instrument 2017
- Amendment Whitsundays Plan of Management) Instrument 2017 (Word version)
- Amendment (Whitsundays Plan of Management) Regulations 2017
- Amendment (Whitsundays Plan of Management) Regulations 2017 (Word version)
Maps of proposed amendments 2017
- Map 1 - Whitsunday Planning Area Proposals Overview
- Map 2 - Proposed Designated Motorised Water Sports Areas
- Map 3 - Regular Aircraft Landing Areas
- Map 4 - Overview of Proposed Superyacht and Designated Anchorages
- Map 4A - Proposed Superyacht and Designated Anchorages (South)
- Map 4B - Proposed Superyacht and Designated Anchorages (North-east)
- Map 4C - Proposed Superyacht and Designated Anchorages (North-west)
- Map 5 - Proposed Setting Amendment Hook Passage
- Map 6 - Proposed Setting Amendment Lindeman Passage
- Map 7 - Proposed Setting Amendment Cid Harbour
- Map 8 - Significant Bird Site Boundaries
How to comment
Post a hard copy of the submission form to:
Whitsundays Plan of Management Review,
Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority,
PO Box 1379,
Townsville, QLD, 4810.
Use of the submission form is not compulsory and written submissions may be provided in a different format. Explaining why you do or do not support a proposal is important.
All comments will be considered and will help shape the final Whitsundays Plan of Management.
For further information about the Whitsundays Plan of Management review process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.