Student and teacher resources
Beyond the beach and below the waves, there are some amazing things to discover in the Great Barrier Reef. Use this information in the classroom or for your next school assignment.
- Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority - Science Teaching Units
- Reef Beat education series posters and activities
- Climate change animations
- Reef-related publications and facts sheets
- School activities at Reef HQ
- Reef Guardian School information
- Animals of the Reef
- Declining water quality
- Ecosystem health
- Fishing impacts
- Habitats of the Great Barrier Reef
- How climate change is affecting the Reef
- Loss of coastal habitats
- Plants of the Great Barrier Reef
- Traditional Owners and their connection to the Reef
- Tourism experiences on the Reef
- What you can do to protect the Reef
- Zoning that protects plants and animals
If you're heading out on the water, don't forget your free Zoning Map so you know where you can go and what you can do.
We're delighted to celebrate the 40 years of the managing the Great Barrier Reef.
Visit our Great Barrier Reef and discover its amazing animals, plants, and habitats.
Everyone has a role to play in protecting our Great Barrier Reef. Find out what you can do to help protect this great Australian icon.
If you see sick, dead or stranded marine animals please call RSPCA QLD 1300 ANIMAL (1300 264 625)
A Vulnerability Assessment: of the issues that could have far-reaching consequences for the Great Barrier Reef.
Current Conditions: Environmental and climatic forecasts for the Great Barrier Reef