- 25 year strategic plan 1994 (3.8 MB)
- 25 year strategic plan 1994 appendixes (1.8 MB)
- Climate change action plan 2007-2012 (739.7 KB)
- Conservation and management of sharks and rays 2007 (353.2 KB)
- Coral bleaching response plan 2010-2011 (3.6 MB)
- Corporate plan 2011-2014 (719.7 KB)
- GBRMP zoning plan 2003 (2.6 MB)
- GBRMP zoning plan draft 2003 (2.4 MB)
- Marine tourism contingency plan 2004 (800.4 KB)
- Reef water quality protection plan 2003 (1.8 MB)
- Reef water quality protection plan 2009 (2.4 MB)
- Regional management issues in the East Coast Inshore Finfish Fishery 2007 (228.1 KB)
- Translocation of species 2007 (213.8 KB)
- Hinchinbrook plan of management 2004 (1.7 MB)
- Michaelmas management plan 1986 (1.7 MB)
- Shoalwater Bay plan of management 1997 (1.3 MB)
- Cairns area plan of management 2008 amendment summary (15.3 KB)
- Cairns area plan of management 2008 (745.9 KB)
- Agincourt Reef site plan 2001 (304.8 KB)
- Briggs Reef site plan 2001 (234.7 KB)
- Flynn Reef site plan 2001 (312.6 KB)
- Flynn Reef site plan 2006 (100.9 KB)
- Frankland Islands site plan 2006 (239.4 KB)
- Green Island Reef locality 1 site plan 2001 (356.4 KB)
- Lizard Island locality 2 site plan 1999 (763.0 KB)
- Lizard Island locality 3 site plan 1999 (759.5 KB)
- Michaelmas Cay locality site plan 2001 (295.7 KB)
- Milln Reef site plan 2001 (462.1 KB)
- Milln Reef site plan 2006 (114.9 KB)
- Moore Reef locality 2 site plan 2001 (302.1 KB)
- Norman Reef site plan 2001 (344.2 KB)
- Opal Reef site plan 2001 (275.5 KB)
- Tongue Reef site plan 2001 (264.9 KB)
- Hastings Reef locality 1 site plan 2001 (406.3 KB)
- Upolu Cay Reef site plan 2001 (695.4 KB)
- Whitsundays plan of management 2008 amendment summary (48.2 KB)
- Whitsundays plan of management 2008 (765.6 KB)
Plans of management
Cairns area plan of management
Historical site plans
Whitsunday plans of management
If you're heading out on the water, don't forget your free Zoning Map so you know where you can go and what you can do.
The Great Barrier Reef is a hive of activity. If you're lucky enough to see a humpback whale from May to September, make sure you keep a safe distance.
We're delighted to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park's World Heritage listing.
Visit our Great Barrier Reef and discover its amazing plants, animals and habitats. There are a range of tourism experiences on offer.
Everyone has a role to play in protecting our Great Barrier Reef. Find out what you can do to help protect this Great Australian icon.
If you see sick, dead or stranded marine animals please call RSPCA QLD 1300 ANIMAL
(1300 264 625)
A Vulnerability Assessment: of the issues that could have far-reaching consequences for the Great Barrier Reef.