Whitsunday Bareboat Industry Standards
- The following staff or personnel must be trained and registered:
- The principal or a senior staff member (e.g. Operations Manager)
- The briefing staff
- The radio operator
- The operation must provide on-board and onshore facilities for the disposal of garbage
- The operation must meet the bareboat identification requirements of the relevant authorities at all times when operating in the Marine Park.
- The operation must ensure that all its bareboats have Protection and Indemnity (public liability) cover to a minimum of $5,000,000.
- The operation must ensure that all its bareboats are fully insured under a Comprehensive Hull and Machinery policy, and have adequate land-based insurance protection.
- The operation must have access to a dedicated licensed radio base where the accredited operator has direct access to the charterer and the technical bareboat information at all times. This base must be manned between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. with the appropriate after-hours emergency numbers available (the radio base may be operated as part of the permitted operation, or by contractual arrangement with an alternative registered radio base).
- The operation must employ or have access to staffing, infrastructure and facilities to be able to maintain the bareboats in the fleet to a high standard (mechanical, structural and appearance).
- The operation must have adequate contingency planning procedures, staffing and resources to be able to cater for emergencies and all charter back-up services.
- The operation must comply with all the regulatory requirements of the relevant authorities.
If you're heading out on the water, download and use the free zoning app so you know where you can go and what you can do.
We're delighted to celebrate the 40 years of the managing the Great Barrier Reef.
Visit our Great Barrier Reef and discover its amazing animals, plants, and habitats.
Everyone has a role to play in protecting our Great Barrier Reef. Find out what you can do to help protect this great Australian icon.
If you see sick, dead or stranded marine animals please call RSPCA QLD 1300 ANIMAL (1300 264 625)
A Vulnerability Assessment: of the issues that could have far-reaching consequences for the Great Barrier Reef.
Current Conditions: Environmental and climatic forecasts for the Great Barrier Reef