- About Onboard
What you do
- Boat Tours and Charters
- Pontoon Operations
- Bareboat Charters
- Cruise Ships
- Beach Equipment Hire and Water Sports
- Aircraft Tours
Where you go
- Far North
- Cooktown and Ribbon Reefs Region
- Cairns and Port Douglas
- Hinchinbrook Region
- Hinchinbrook Planning Area
- Tourism Opportunities Available in the Hinchinbrook Planning Area
- Group and Vessel Limits in the Hinchinbrook Planning Area
- Sensitive Locations in the Hinchinbrook Planning Area
- Significant Bird Sites around Hinchinbrook
- Anchoring and Mooring in the Hinchinbrook Planning Area
- Transit Lanes in the Hinchinbrook planning Area
- Making a Hinchinbrook Booking
- Hinchinbrook Planning Area
- Townsville Region
- Mackay Region
- Capricorn Coast
- How to Apply for a Marine Parks Permit
- How is a Decision Made?
- Know Your Permit
- Commencing Operations
- Changing Your Permit
- Transferring Your Permit
- Continuing Your Permit
- Special Tourism Permissions
- 15 Year Permits
Stewardship and Best Practice
- High Standard Tourism
- Responsible Reef Practices
- At Home and the Office
- Bird Watching
- Chemical Use
- Climate Change Action
- Dugong Protection
- Education and Interpretation
- Fish Feeding
- Fuel and Oil
- Good Neighbour Behavior
- Island and Beach visits
- Litter Reduction
- Marine Life Viewing
- Motorised Water Sports
- Outboard Engines
- Research and Monitoring
- Service Standards
- Supporting Local Communities
- Supporting Local Indigenous Communities
- Turtle Watching
- Underwater Photography
- Walking on the Reef
- Wastewater (sewage, greywater and bilge water)
- Whale and Dolphin Watching
- Take Action on Climate Change
- Environmental Management Charge (EMC)
Nominating your Vessel or Aircraft
To help you establish your business before you have a vessel or aircraft, to give you flexibility in your operations once you have a permit, and to help you respond to emergency breakdowns, there are two ways that you can nominate the vessel or aircraft you want to use in your operation.
You can have either:
- A notification system that allows you to formally advise the GBRMPA of the vessel or aircraft you would like to use.
- A Vessel or Bareboat Identification Number that allows you to identify the vessel you are using with a 'number plate'.
If you're heading out on the water, don't forget your free Zoning Map so you know where you can go and what you can do.
We're delighted to celebrate the 40 years of the managing the Great Barrier Reef.
Visit our Great Barrier Reef and discover its amazing animals, plants, and habitats.
Everyone has a role to play in protecting our Great Barrier Reef. Find out what you can do to help protect this great Australian icon.
If you see sick, dead or stranded marine animals please call RSPCA QLD 1300 ANIMAL (1300 264 625)
A Vulnerability Assessment: of the issues that could have far-reaching consequences for the Great Barrier Reef.
Current Conditions: Environmental and climatic forecasts for the Great Barrier Reef