Home Managing the Reef Threats to the Reef Climate change What does this mean for communities and industries?
How the Reef is managed
- Managing multiple uses
- Marine Monitoring Program
- Eye on the Reef program
- Water quality in the Great Barrier Reef
- Science for management
- Tourism on the Great Barrier Reef
- Recreation on the Great Barrier Reef
- Fisheries in the Marine Park
- Field Management of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park
- Managing Commonwealth Islands
- Strategic assessment and 25-year management plan
- Great Barrier Reef Outlook Report
- Reef 2050 Long-term Sustainability Plan
Threats to the Reef
- Coastal development and protecting the Great Barrier Reef
- Climate change
- How climate change is affecting the Reef
- What does this mean for habitats?
- What does this mean for communities and industries?
- Adapting management to climate change
- Working with tourism operators
- Working with fishers
- Working with schools
- Declining water quality
- Extreme weather
- Remaining impacts from fishing
- Marine debris
What does this mean for communities and industries?
A Vulnerability Assessment: of the issues that could have far-reaching consequences for the Great Barrier Reef.
Current Conditions: Environmental and climatic forecasts for the Great Barrier Reef