Reef in Brief e-newsletter
Reef in Brief is the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority's regular e-newsletter, to keep you updated on the latest news and information concerning the Great Barrier Reef.
Subscription is free and you can unsubscribe at any time.
- Issue 44 - Happy New Year
- Issue 43 - Season's greetings
- Issue 42 - Turtle nesting, marine archaeology, pink manta ray
- Issue 41 - Great Barrier Reef Clean-up success
- Issue 40 - Celebrate the Reef!
- Issue 39 - Tackling illegal fishing
- Issue 38 - Reef monitoring, reporting and rare sighting
- Issue 37 - Happy World Environment Day
- Issue 36 - Celebrating 40 years
- Issue 35 - Green zones boost coral trout numbers
- Issue 34 - Reef surveys, new Reef Guardian, fish tagging boost and more...
- Issue 33 - TV series to showcase life on the Reef
- Issue 32 - Turtle time on the Reef
- Issue 31 - Season's greetings from GBRMPA
- Issue 30 - Reef on show at World Parks Congress
- Issue 29 - Reef 2050 open for consultation
- Issue 28 - Major reports strengthen Reef management
- Issue 27 - Celebrating 10 years since the revised Marine Park zoning Plan began
- Issue 26 - Great Barrier Reef Report Card released
- Issue 25 - Crown-of-thorns control milestone reached
- Issue 24 - Heritage in focus
- Issue 23 - Keeping an eye on the Reef
- Issue 22 - Permit approved for Abbot Point
- Issue 21 - Have your say on Great Barrier Reef and coastal zone management
- Issue 20 - Season's greetings from GBRMPA
- Issue 19 - Honouring a Reef pioneer, Ron Taylor remembered
- Issue 18 - Public consultation open on Great Barrier Reef Strategic Assessment
- Issue 17 - Reef management on the world stage at ICRI General Meeting in Belize
- Issue 16 - New Minister announced
- Issue 15 - Further crown-of-thorns starfish control measure funding announced
- Issue 14 - New member of the GBRMPA board appointed
- Issue 13 - Biodiversity Conservation Strategy finalised
- Issue 12 - Encouraging progress in improving water quality to the Reef
- Issue 11 - Control program culls more than 60,000 crown-of-thorns starfish
- Issue 10 - State Party Report on the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area
- Issue 9 - Watch out turtles about!
- Issue 8 - Action to protect the Reef from climate change
- Issue 7 - GBRMPA Chairman reappointed for a second five-year term
- Issue 6 - AIMS research shows decline in coral cover
- Issue 5 - Have your say on our biodiversity protection plan
- Issue 4 - Experts from over 20 countries join forces for Reef protection
- Issue 3 - World Heritage Committee decides status of Reef
- Issue 2 - UNESCO releases State of Conservation Report
- Issue 1 - Call for nominations for Local Marine Advisory Committees
If you're heading out on the water, don't forget your free Zoning Map so you know where you can go and what you can do.
We're delighted to celebrate the 40 years of the managing the Great Barrier Reef.
Visit our Great Barrier Reef and discover its amazing animals, plants, and habitats.
Everyone has a role to play in protecting our Great Barrier Reef. Find out what you can do to help protect this great Australian icon.
If you see sick, dead or stranded marine animals please call RSPCA QLD 1300 ANIMAL (1300 264 625)
A Vulnerability Assessment: of the issues that could have far-reaching consequences for the Great Barrier Reef.
Current Conditions: Environmental and climatic forecasts for the Great Barrier Reef