Past editions - Reef in Brief
- Issue 78 - Sex on the Reef
- Issue 77 - Compliance blitz results are in
- Issue 76 - Special spearfishing rules protect the Whitsundays
- Issue 75 - New permission system in the Marine Park
- Issue 74 - Juvenile turtle recovered and released
- Issue 73 - Watch out for whales
- Issue 72 - New rules in the Whitsundays
- Issue 71 - Have your say on key Reef policies
- Issue 70 - Managing for resilience
- Issue 69 - Cyclone's impact on the Reef
- Issue 68 - Mass coral bleaching confirmed
- Issue 67 - Spot checks for coral bleaching
- Issue 66 - Reef celebrated in Google Doodle
If you're heading out on the water, don't forget your free Zoning Map so you know where you can go and what you can do.
We're delighted to celebrate the 40 years of the managing the Great Barrier Reef.
Visit our Great Barrier Reef and discover its amazing animals, plants, and habitats.
Everyone has a role to play in protecting our Great Barrier Reef. Find out what you can do to help protect this great Australian icon.
If you see sick, dead or stranded marine animals please call RSPCA QLD 1300 ANIMAL (1300 264 625)
A Vulnerability Assessment: of the issues that could have far-reaching consequences for the Great Barrier Reef.
Current Conditions: Environmental and climatic forecasts for the Great Barrier Reef
The Great Barrier Reef is under pressure. Many people, including Reef Guardians, are making a difference.
Become a marine scientist for a day Download our free app to share your sightings.
Published every five years, our Outlook Report provides an overview of Reef health and management.
Learn more about how the Australian and Queensland are managing the Reef through Reef 2050.