When enjoying the many different activities and experiences on the Great Barrier Reef, it is important to enjoy them in a responsible and 'reef friendly' way.
This can easily be done by following the Responsible Reef Practices for recreational users associated with each of these activities:
- Anchoring and mooring (including use of public moorings)
- Around turtles
- Around whales and dolphins
- Bird watching
- Boating and yachting
- Diving and snorkelling
- Magnetic Island shipwreck guide
- Motorised water sports
- Outboard engines
- Sharks - be Sharkwise
- Visiting islands and cays
- Waste (including sewage), chemicals and litter
- Maritime heritage sites
To help manage the Reef and even save marine life, please let the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority know if you see any interesting and unusual things in the Marine Park. You can report these sightings through the Sightings Network.