The Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority is responsible for publishing the official zoning maps of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park.
We are also the custodian of spatial data relevant to the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Act 1975 and maintain an extensive and comprehensive collection of reef and marine park spatial data covering the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park.
The Great Barrier Reef general reference map provides and overview of the spatial extent of the Marine Park.
- Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Boundary
- Coastline and Islands
- Marine Bioregions
- Designated Shipping Areas
- Dugong Protection Special Management Area
- Public Appreciation Special Management Area
- No Dories Detached Special Management Area
- Restricted Access Special Management Area
- Seasonal Closure Special Management Area
- Remote Natural Areas
- Cairns Plan of Management
- Hinchinbrook Plan of Management
- Whitsunday Plan of Management
- Traditional Use of Marine Resources Agreement (TUMRAs)
- Great Barrier Reef Zoning
You can also view and overlay these spatial Layers in our interactive Reef Explorer.
Accessing specialised spatial data
All spatial data layers listed here are supplied free of charge for the use of GBRMPA spatial layers, if you require specialised spatial data, please contact the Spatial Data Centre.
Phone +61 7 4750 0700
Fax +61 7 4772 6093
Email Spatial Data Centre