Board Report – Meeting 256
19-20 August 2019 –Townsville
The Marine Park Authority Board (MPA) convened on Monday 19 August 2019 and Tuesday 20 August 2019 in Townsville. At Marine Park Authority Board 256 Board members were provided due diligence training, a tour of the Reef HQ facility, a presentation on the Joint field Management Program as well as met with stakeholders from the Townsville and surrounding Regions at Reef HQ on the evening of 19 August 2019. Members discussed the progress of the 2019-2020 Corporate Plan, the draft Annual Report as well as the continued progress of implementing recommendations from the Craik Governance Review. Marine Park Authority Board also discussed general projects and business for the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority including the permissions and authorisation processes, budget overview and financial outlook.
Decision Marine Park Authority Board 256 (2019-256-03 on 20/08/2019): The Authority:
- REVIEWED the draft Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority Annual Report
2018–19, noting that Part 5 (Finances) will be circulated to the Board for information in September 2019.
- NOTED that the Chief Executive Officer, as the accountable authority, will approve the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority Annual Report 2018–19 for submission to the Australian Minister for the Environment, and for publication.
- CONFIRMED there is no objection to publication of this information
Budget Overview / Financial Outlook
Decision Marine Park Authority Board 256 (2019-256-06 on 20/08/2019): The Authority:
- NOTED the update provided.
- CONFIRMED there is no objection to the publication of the decision.
Members of the Authority