Last updated: 23 July 2020
Our thoughts are with everyone around the world who is working on keeping us all safe from COVID-19 and with all the communities and industries affected, including some of our valued stakeholders.
We too have a responsibility to keep our community and staff safe, which is why we have implemented different work arrangements. These include:
- Delivering our activities differently, including scaling back unessential travel, increased video conferences, and delivering programs virtually where possible.
- Postponing some events to a more suitable time and notifying relevant stakeholders.
- We have re-opened our national education centre Reef HQ Aquarium under industry-related COVID-19 restrictions – please book online to ensure your entry during your preferred session and learn more about the restrictions here.
- Changes to the Environmental Management Charge across all charge categories from 1 April 2020 to 31 December 2020.
- Changes to permit processes.
- Changes to special tourism permissions.
With an easing of restrictions, we have begun to transition and some of our staff back into our offices in Cairns, Townsville and Mackay. Our business continuity team will continue to review these arrangements in light of further easing of restrictions to ensure we are placing welfare and safety of staff at the forefront of our decisions.
Despite these uncertain times, we are committed to our work managing the Reef and to continuing our service to the community and stakeholders.
We aim to efficiently and effectively work with you, and we appreciate your patience if response times for some services may be affected.
For urgent or important matters, you can continue to call our staff directly where you have their direct line details. Our reception service can take messages but in many instances is unable to connect you immediately.
For non-urgent matters, please email staff and they will respond to you as soon as possible.
Our key contacts will be updated to reflect any future changes to our business operations.