- Awards and recognitions
- Freedom of Information Disclosure Log
- Information Publication Scheme
- Reef Guardians Grants Program
- Join our online communities
- Annual Report
- Corporate information
- International Coral Reef Initiative (ICRI)
Legislation, regulations, agreements and policies
- Policies and position statements
- Vessel sewage regulations
- Whale and dolphin watching regulations
- Regulator Performance Framework
- Great Barrier Reef Intergovernmental Agreement
- Message from the Chairman
- Our Board
- Reef Advisory Committees
Local Marine Advisory Committees
- Local Marine Advisory Committee Communiques
- Bowen - Burdekin LMAC
- Burnett LMAC
- Cape York LMAC
- Capricorn Coast LMAC
- Cairns LMAC
- Cassowary Coast LMAC
- Douglas LMAC
- Gladstone LMAC
- Hinchinbrook LMAC
- Mackay LMAC
- Townsville LMAC
- Whitsunday LMAC
- Public consultation
- Contact Us
The Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority consults the public on a range of matters, including draft policies, permit applications and proposed developments.
A list of current plans, applications and assessments for public consultation are available online, along with details on the process.
All proposals for development within or partly within the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park must be assessed for a permit under the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Act 1975.
If the proposal is likely to have a significant impact on a matter of national environmental significance, including the Marine Park and World Heritage Area, then the proponent must also seek approval from the Federal Environment Minister under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999.
A privacy notice outlines how we handle personal information supplied by a permit applicant as part of the application process.
Open for public comment
The opportunity for the public to comment on a proposal is an important part of our environmental assessment and consultative processes. Interested parties are invited to contact us for more information or to make a written submission on proposals underway.