Legislation, regulations and policies
- Policies and position statements
- Vessel sewage regulations
- Whale and dolphin watching regulations
- Regulator Performance Framework
- Our Board
- Message from the Chairman
- Great Barrier Reef Intergovernmental Agreement
- Annual Report
- Multicultural plan
- Freedom of Information Disclosure Log
- Information Publication Scheme
- Grants and funding
- Legal services expenditure reporting
- Conferences and events
- Awards and recognitions
- Reef Advisory Committees
Local Marine Advisory Committees
- Cape York LMAC
- Douglas LMAC
- Cairns LMAC
- Cassowary Coast LMAC
- Hinchinbrook LMAC
- Townsville LMAC
- Bowen - Burdekin LMAC
- Whitsunday LMAC
- Mackay LMAC
- Capricorn Coast LMAC
- Gladstone LMAC
- Burnett LMAC
- Proposals - under assessment
- Proposals - completed assessment
- Join our online community
- Contact Us
A list of current plans, applications and assessments for public consultation are available online, along with details on the process.
All proposals for development within or partly within the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park must be assessed for a permit under the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Act 1975.
If the proposal is likely to have a significant impact on a matter of national environmental significance, including the Marine Park and World Heritage Area, then the proponent must also seek approval from the Federal Environment Minister under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999.
A privacy notice outlines how we handle personal information supplied by a permit applicant as part of the application process.
Open for public comment
The opportunity for the public to comment on a proposal is an important part of our environmental assessment and consultative processes. Interested parties are invited to contact us for more information or to make a written submission on the below proposals.
There are no proposals currently open for public comment.