Benefits of working with us
Are you considering applying for one of our current opportunities at the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority?
When you choose to work for us, you join a team of passionate people and make a commitment to ensure the Great Barrier Reef’s ecological, social and economic value is available for generations to come.
Feedback from our staff tells us the Marine Park Authority is great place to work and there are a range of benefits.
Supportive and flexible working environment
- An inclusive and diverse environment where different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are valued
- Flexible working hours to support work/life balance
- Opportunities for part time employment and home based work where these fit with operational requirements
- Free access to an Employee Assistance Program for help with personal and work related problems
- Authority Consultative Group to enable you to have your say in Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority
Generous leave entitlements
- 26 days of annual leave
- 18 days per year personal leave for personal illness, carer and other personal responsibilities (such as caring for children when sick)
- The opportunity to purchase up to two weeks additional leave each year
- Paid leave between Christmas and New Year
- 14 weeks paid maternity, adoption and foster carers’ leave
- 10 days of parental leave for birth event involving the employees partner
- 3 days of Cultural, Ceremonial and NAIDOC leave
- Annual salary advancement in the pay scale for your classification based on effective work performance
- 15.4% superannuation in addition to salary
- Further information on ourconditions of employment can be found in the our Enterprise Agreement
A high performance culture
- Regular performance discussion agreements with supervisor and regular reviews
- A results driven environment, working with friendly and respectful people
- Access to training and career development programs within Marine Park Authority, including study assistance
- Recognition for results and achievements through annual Australia Day awards
If you're heading out on the water, download and use the free zoning app so you know where you can go and what you can do.
We're delighted to celebrate the 40 years of the managing the Great Barrier Reef.
Visit our Great Barrier Reef and discover its amazing animals, plants, and habitats.
Everyone has a role to play in protecting our Great Barrier Reef. Find out what you can do to help protect this great Australian icon.
If you see sick, dead or stranded marine animals please call RSPCA QLD 1300 ANIMAL (1300 264 625)
A Vulnerability Assessment: of the issues that could have far-reaching consequences for the Great Barrier Reef.
Current Conditions: Environmental and climatic forecasts for the Great Barrier Reef
The Great Barrier Reef is under pressure. Many people, including Reef Guardians, are making a difference.
Become a marine scientist for a day Download our free app to share your sightings.
Published every five years, our Outlook Report provides an overview of Reef health and management.
Learn more about how the Australian and Queensland are managing the Reef through Reef 2050.