- Awards and recognitions
- Freedom of Information Disclosure Log
- Information Publication Scheme
- Reef Guardians Grants Program
- Join our online communities
- Annual Report
- Corporate information
- International Coral Reef Initiative (ICRI)
Legislation, regulations, agreements and policies
- Policies and position statements
- Vessel sewage regulations
- Whale and dolphin watching regulations
- Regulator Performance Framework
- Great Barrier Reef Intergovernmental Agreement
- Message from the Chairman
- Our Board
- Reef Advisory Committees
Local Marine Advisory Committees
- Cape York LMAC
- Douglas LMAC
- Cairns LMAC
- Cassowary Coast LMAC
- Hinchinbrook LMAC
- Townsville LMAC
- Bowen - Burdekin LMAC
- Whitsunday LMAC
- Mackay LMAC
- Capricorn Coast LMAC
- Gladstone LMAC
- Burnett LMAC
- Public consultation
- Contact Us
Annual Report 2015–16
- Protect and restore the Reef's biodiversity
- Safeguard the Reef's heritage values
- Ensure use of the Marine Park is ecologically sustainable and benefits current and future generations.
This year's annual report includes:
- Chairman's Review
- Management and accountability
This section provides performance reporting on actions we took to achieve the agency’s stated outcome of the long-term protection, ecologically sustainable use, understanding and enjoyment of the Great Barrier Reef for all Australians and the international community, through the care and development of the Marine Park.
This is presented in three parts under the agency’s three objectives, as outlined in the agency’s Portfolio Budget Statement.
Performance chapter highlights
Details on Goal 1: Protect and restore the Reef's Biodiversity are available in our e-library.
Details on Goal 2: Safeguard the Reef's heritage are available in our e-library.
Details on Goal 3: Ensure sustainable use to benefit future generations are available in our e-library.